Thursday, October 21, 2010

US Tour Day 3

October 21, 2010
Location: Napa Valley


Tasting Napa!


We started our Napa tour with iHop. :)






And a short visit to Harley.




It was quite a long drive to Napa. But it was worth it - at least for me and tita Arlene. We were the only victims of wine tasting - and the experience feels so.. luxurious. I followed the steps of wine tasting: swirl to smell the aroma, sip, whirl around the tongue, swallow slowly.. inhale through the mouth and exhale through the nose. 


We started with Robert Mandoli winery. 
Robert Mandoli entrance

wine tasting area - $20/3 glasses of assorted wine


wine tasting representatives

Robert Mandoli shop


where the grapes grow



Next, we went to --. 



entrance to V Sattu winery



cheese cheese cheese

while choosing our 5 glasses of sweet wine - $5/5 glasses of assorted wines
Two is enough. We had a total of 8 glasses of different wines. As usual, I was red hot. I realized that I want the sweeter variety of wine such as Muscat, Riesling, and Gamay Rouge. 


We had a buffet dinner in Red Dragon, an Asian cuisine restaurant. From the food and the wine, we had a goooood, looooong sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment